- 2 Saunas
- Day lockers and showers
- 2 racquetball courts
- Full-length basketball and volleyball courts
- Fort McNair Fitness Center currently offers 24hr access
- Please register your CAC card or purchase a PC card at McNair Fitness Center
- Satellite TV
- Nautilus Nitro Plus
- Hammer Strength equipment
- Group fitness classes
- Extreme conditioning equipment
- Kettle bells
- Medicine balls
- Plyometric boxes
- Speed ball
- Pull up bars and more.
- Personal Training
A.M.P. Applied Maximum Performance
With James Harris, Performance Coach, ISSA-S&C, CFT
Core Connections integrates core stability, core strengthening, and core power. It focuses on functional stability and movements used everyday.
Iron Clad (Weight Training) combines mid-to-high impact movements with weight training for a complete, head-to-toe workout.
Personal Training for individuals and groups
With Arien Heggs, Performance Coach, NASM-CPT, PES
S.A.Q. (Speed, Agility, and Quickness) Become bigger, stronger and faster. Improve power output, lateral and linear speed, while challenging the an-aerobic capacity. This is an intensive class for all interested in taking workouts to the next level.
A.M.P Boot Camp Work the entire body using speed drills, plyometrics, weights, and cardio. A.M.P. Boot Camp is for anyone who wants to be challenged and improve their oveall health.
Corrective Exercise Classes are for beginners new to the gym. It helps to ensure they exercise correctly, prevent injury, and to help develop efficient and effective workouts.
Note: Be sure to consult your physician before you begin a new exercise routine.
- Facilities Reservation Form
Fort McNair Picnic Grounds Reservation Form
I agree to adhere to all Community Recreation rules, requirements, regulations, and posted guidelines for facility reservations.
I understand that I am responsible for my own clean up immediately following my event. Grounds must be returned in good condition including trash removal. In the event that DFMWR must clean up or remove trash from the reservation area following the event, I understand I will be charged a $200.00 fee for that service. All Cancellations will be made in writing or email to reservation POC a minimum of 3 days before the event in order to receive a full refund. Fee associated to Picnic Grounds reservation is $50.00 per hour. Customer may reschedule a reservation that must be postponed due to inclement weather up to 24 hours prior to reservation start time. Grills must be cleaned and sporting equipment in good condition upon return. Sporting equipment can be reserved from Fort McNair Fitness Center. Alcohol use requires pre-approval from DPTMS Please Initial DPTMS Form for Alcohol approval is attached and can be submitted with Picnic Grounds Reservation Form. Fort McNair is an Army base therefore mission requirements take precedence over all unofficial events. If there is an operational change you will be notified immediately.
Have fun, be safe, and please be sure to clean up!
Customer will receive approval confirmation within 3 business days after which a non-refundable payment for the first hour is due to reserve the picnic grounds.
- Quickscores link
Quickscores offers quick-access to all of your sports event Information.
- Fitness Center Patrons and Policies
The Fitness Center and its programs are available to the following customers:
- Active Duty service members and their family members
- Retired service members and their family members
- Department of Defense ID card holders.
- Youth 16 years or older may utilize the center and all equipment without adult supervision.
- Children 15 yrs and below must be accompanied by an authorized adult user and may not be left alone.
- Children ages 13-15 may use the facility under the direct supervision of their sponsor who is actively participating in the same activity.
- Children ages 12 and under are only authorized to use the gymnasium, track and racquetball courts with the supervision of an adult whom must actively participate with the child.
We serve patrons stationed on or visiting Fort McNair in Washington, DC including the Army War College and National Defense University.
Our spacious, state-of-the-art facility features:
The weight and cardiovascular rooms include:
Multi purpose room:
Combative mats are available for Unit Combatives training, please call in advance to reserve your space.
Please contact the fitness center for open gym times and court reservations.