- Facility Overview
- 2 Saunas - Only available during manned hour!
- Day lockers and showers
- 2 racquetball courts
- Full-length basketball and volleyball courts
- Weight and cardiovascular rooms:
- Satellite TV
- Nautilus Nitro Plus®
- Hammer Strength® equipment
- Multi-purpose room:
- Extreme conditioning equipment
- Kettle bells
- Medicine balls
- Plyometric boxes
- Speed ball
- Pull up bars and more.
*No federal endorsement implied.
- Reservation Information and Forms
Fort McNair Picnic Grounds
Picnic Ground fees are:
- $60 per hour
- $230 half day
- $475 full day
For reserved unit Combative Training, Combative mats are available.
Upon submitting this request, you agree to adhere to all Community Recreation rules, requirements, regulations, and posted guidelines for facility reservations.
You understand that you are responsible for your own clean up immediately following your event. Grounds must be returned in good condition including trash removal. In the event that DFMWR must clean up or remove trash from the reservation area following the event, you understand you will be charged a $200 fee for that service.
All Cancellations will be made in writing or email to reservation POC a minimum of 3 days before the event in order to receive a full refund.
Customer may reschedule a reservation that must be postponed due to inclement weather up to 24 hours prior to reservation start time. Grills must be cleaned and sporting equipment in good condition upon return. Sporting equipment can be reserved from Fort McNair Fitness Center.
Alcohol use requires pre-approval from DPTMS. Please Initial DPTMS Form for Alcohol approval and submitted with Picnic Grounds Reservation Form.
Fort McNair is an Army base therefore mission requirements take precedence over all unofficial events. If there is an operational change you will be notified immediately.
- Rules and Requirements
Facility access can be obtained with a Department of Defense Common Access (CAC), or purchase access card ($5) with DOD ID card. All eligible patrons must register and sign a Release of Liability, 24/7 Guidelines, Assumption of Risk Agreement before use of PFC. We advise that you allow at least 15 minutes to complete the registration and safety walk-through process. POC for eligibility requirements and information:
FORT MYER PFC Front Desk: 703-696-7867
- Prior to participation, patrons may request a fitness orientation and are encouraged to complete a pre-activity screening tool and review emergency procedure binder available at the lobby information table.
Patronage eligibility for unmanned facility; NO guest permitted. Youth 17 and under are permitted under direct supervision of parent or guardian with 24/7 Access. Sponsors are responsible for the conduct of their dependents.
- Fitness Center is UNMANNED with no SUPERVISION. Patrons waive and assume all inherent risk of using UNMANNED Fitness Center. All patrons shall follow posted signage for rules, guidelines, and emergency procedure throughout the PFC for the safety of themselves and others. BUDDY SYSTEM ENCOURAGED!
Holding or propping the door open is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate loss of privilege. Sharing a CAC/ID card is considered theft of services and will be prosecuted. For safety and security, I will ensure the door securely closes following my entry. All other doors will remain closed unless needed for an emergency. Facility is under 24HR surveillance.
In the event 24-hour access is disabled or a power outage occurs, all patrons must exit the facility. PFC operations will continue the following day with staffed hours of operation: Monday-Friday 0500-1330 until 24-hour access is restored.
Patrons may not engage in any type of business or commercial activity while at the facility. Organized instruction must be preapproved.
Patrons should show respect for others, equipment, and facilities always. Bullying, horseplay, loud obnoxious or destructive behavior, spitting in or defacing the facility and equipment will not be tolerated.
Patrons are not permitted to bring tobacco, food, chewing gum, glass bottles, alcohol, and banned substances into the PFC.
Violations of the Fort McNair PFC rules and guidelines could result in loss of privileges and subject to further discipline.
Youth use. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a reasonable, responsible, and prudent manner in accordance with facility rules and regulations. Youth may use adult indoor physical fitness centers only under the following provisions:
- Soldier programs must not be displaced.
- Children 12 years old and under may not use mechanical cardiovascular equipment, strength, or sauna at any time.
- As a Family member, children, and youth (15 years old and under), not otherwise prohibited in paragraph 8–20d (2), must be actively participating in the same activity and under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian.
- Youth must be a participant in a special program, organized and conducted by CYSS, schools, or other authorized youth organizations.
- Children of kindergarten age and older will use gender-appropriate showers, locker rooms, and bathrooms.
AS A FAMILY MEMBER: AR 215-1 paragraph 8-20d & 24/7 ACCESS
CHILDREN 0 - 12 YEARS OLD
YOUTH 13 - 15 YEARS OLD
YOUTH 16 - 17 YEARS OLD
May NOT use mechanical cardiovascular, strength equipment or sauna at any time
May use any of the fitness center facilities (except sauna) but only if they are actively participating in the same activity and under the DIRECT supervision of a parent or guardian with 24/7 Access
Youth 16-17 may use any of the fitness center facilities (except sauna) without supervision during staffed hours 0600-1800
During unstaffed hours youth 16-17 may use facilities under the DIRECT supervision of a parent or guardian with 24/7 Access
Active Duty Military, AD Family Members, DoD Civilians and Retirees, and their Family Members. Patrons may have 1 guest.
The Fort McNair Physical Fitness Center is well equipped for your workout needs. Our Sports and Fitness Program offers group fitness classes and personal training. This facility is located in Washington, DC, and provides services to the Army War College, the National Defense University and all eligible patrons. The Fort McNair Physical Fitness Center operates under a 24-hour access system 24/7. In-person registration is required to gain access. Patrons may have one (1) guest during manned hours (Mondays, from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.). Guests are not permitted during unmanned hours.
Eligibility: Active Duty Military, AD Family Members, DoD Civilians and Retirees, and their Family Members. You must be 18 and older to use the facility.