- Army Family Action Plan
The Army Family Action Plan (AFAP) is your platform to voice quality-of-life issues, feedback, ideas, and suggestions. It’s the best way to let Army leadership know about what works, what doesn’t, and how you think problems can be resolved. We give Active and Reserve Component Soldiers, Army Civilians, Retirees, Survivors, and Family members a primary tool to help identify issues and concerns and shape your standards of living.
You can submit issues at your garrison’s Army Community Service office or to a unit Family Programs liaison. Army OneSource also facilitates AFAP issues online and makes sure your concerns get the attention they deserve. The information you submit gives Army leadership insight and helps foster a satisfied, informed, and resilient Army Community.
AFAP makes a meaningful difference. Since AFAP was created in 1983, over 698 issues have been submitted, resulting in 128 legislative changes, 186 Department of Defense or Army policy changes, and 210 improved programs or services.
Here’s a sample of AFAP results:
- Dedicated Special Needs Space in Child, Youth, and School Services (CYSS)
- Distribution of Montgomery GI Bill benefits to dependents
- Annual Leave carryover increase from 60 to 75 days
- Extended educational benefits for Spouses
- Dental and visual insurance coverage for Federal Employees
- Medical Coverage for Activated Reserve Component Families
- Military pay table (targeted pay raises)
- Military Thrift Savings Plan
- TRICARE for Life for eligible Retirees
- Funding for Better Opportunities for Single Soldiers (B.O.S.S.)
- Active Duty Enlisted Soldier Compassionate Reassignment Stabilization
- SGLI increases
- Minimum standards for Army Child Care
- In-state tuition for Military Dependents
To submit an issue or suggestion, go to your local Army Community Service office or Army OneSource.
Army Family Action Plan
Domestic Violence Awareness Month Grab and Go Friday's
Join us in-person at one of our outreach locations to receive a Grab Bag filled with germ fighting essentials and Healthy Relationship educational information and resources.
123 Magic (Virtual)
The 1-2-3 Magic Parenting Program is the #1 selling child discipline program in the United States. Our parenting tips and resources help parents raise well behaved.
This seminar is designed to provide parents who are separated or divorced with the tools to ensure that they are able to continue supporting and encouraging their children despite the breakup of the family unit.